Business Development Engineer
To maximize Murata business opportunities for high power DCDC Converters, ACDC Converters and other Murata power products in Northern Europe (The Netherlands, France, UK, the Baltic & Nordic countries, Russia and South-Africa) and to cooperate with customers and design houses in this region with the target to design in the promotional products into the system designs.
Location: Germany (Nurnberg or Munich), The Netherlands (Hoofddorp), UK (Fleet) or Finland (Helsinki)
Responsibilites and Tasks
The job holder's responsibilities are to build up relationships with new and existing customers.
Also collaborate with design houses to gather latest power electronics knowledge to
feedback to our design engineers and achieve design-in for projects done at design houses.
• Understand the system architectures of customer designs as well as their future trends.
• Pro-actively identify, retrieve and report information about new business opportunities.
• Promote Murata products in line with product strategies set by the product divisions.
• Cooperate with distributors in order to support Murata in sales activities.
• Establish and maintain excellent relations with the hardware design locations of customers over all levels within their organizations, to be supported by frequent visits according to Murata's guidelines.
• Prepare, implement and monitor a strategic account plan for each assigned key design house, including each target customer, market and competitor analysis.
• Prepare, maintain and achieve the agreed SOP target plan within the allocated and new customer base.
• Issue regular reports such as visit & activity reports, monthly reports and create/maintain the related project documents.
• Communicate and cooperate with the customer service staff for sample support to achieve the highest possible customer satisfaction.
• Create new products in cooperation with our product divisions.
• Responsibility to ensure that customer requirements are met.
More information about this job >
Respond to this job by email >
• Business development knowledge and system level understanding
• Have experienced in cooperating with distributors
• Product knowledge and promotion skills
• Advanced English language skills in speaking and writing, including negotiation and presenting skills, Dutch language skills is not a requirement
• Local language skills (depends on the location)
• Skill in standard software (MS Office, Lotus Notes, Outlook ) and Murata specific software
• Commercial skills
• Market knowledge
• Intercultural skills
• Basic knowledge in quality management
• Willingness to make business trips within and outside of Europe