concept design specialist
The Concept Design Specialist is responsible for the correct implementation of citizenM brand standards & Concept Design during the first phases of the design of any new citizenM hotel in the EU and Asia. He/she will be responsible to create a genuine citizenM experience for our guests which complies with the Brand Standards.
More information about this job >
Respond to this job by email >
The Concept Design Specialist is a member of the Design & Technical Services team and works in very close cooperation with citizenM’s hotel operations team, the concept architect Concrete Architects and a real estate transaction manager. In case of a development owned by citizenM, the Concept Design Specialist will be working side by side with citizenM’s internal Project Management Team and the internal Development and Investment team.
During the first phase of a new project, the Concept Design Specialist will compile and administer all project related documentation and will be responsible for the sign-off procedures on behalf of citizenM.
- Create concept designs and feasibility studies for the acquisition and development teams to evaluate potential new projects
- Create design input from and for our concept architect
- Pro-active implementation of Brand Standards in the early stages of a project
create comprehensive tutorials for external teams (developers, professional team, design, product managers) to make them understand the citizenM brand standards
- Assist to maintaining citizenM’s Brand standards and manuals as a member of the Design & Technical Services team
- Responsible for organising timely sign-offs during projects by involving all cross-functional stakeholders
- Architectural quality control
- Represent the client (operations) during the development of the hotel design
qualifications / skills
- Bachelor/master degree in Architecture or similar
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience (international preferred)
- Creative and strategic architect with the ability to communicate design through appropriate visualization skills
- Design management skills. knowledge of all aspects of a design and construction process
- Ability to present ideas effectively and be able to evaluate the ideas
- Positive and flexible approach to a dynamic work environment.
- Solution oriented individual
- Self-motivated, takes initiative to retrieve information, insight and knowledge
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload, and respond to aggressive time lines when needed.
- Excellent communication skills, team oriented individual
- CAD and 3D (BIM- REVIT) experience, Adobe, office, Power point
- Required travel availability 20%
- Excellent English (and additional second language) proficiency
We are looking forward to receive your application! A Cover Letter describing your motivation is highly appreciated.