Creative Design Engineer
Our profile Apollo Tyres is a tyre manufacturer with Indian roots. It’s an ambitious and growing company, with factories in India and Europe (Netherlands and Hungary) and sales offices all over the world.
In our Global R&D Center in Enschede around 125 people work on the development of new passenger car tyres for the brands Apollo and Vredestein. Furthermore we have a subsidiary office in Frankfurt with around 25 employees. R&D activities include Material science, Simulations technology, Tyre Design and Construction, CAE/FEA, Process development and Testing. The development process is strongly linked to Manufacturing, Marketing and Sales. The organization structure is flat to facilitate and enhance cross-functional approaches and drive innovation. The creative design engineer sits in the Moulds & Design department. This department is responsible for the technical mould drawings and the creative design of the tyres. There are 10 Mould Engineers and one other Creative Design Engineer. People in the Moulds & Design department are in close contact with the tyre designers and engineers in the product development teams. Your Job As Creative Design Engineer you are responsible for creative (emotional) design of tyres, specifically the tread pattern shoulder and the sidewalls. The creative design of tyres includes tasks such as:
• Facilitate the kick-off of the design activities with Marketing and the Technical tread pattern designer.
More information about this job >
Respond to this job by email >
• Generate creative design proposals in cooperation with the internal design team and/or external design companies, and discuss and motivate them with the counterpart in Marketing.
• Create a sidewall master drawing with technical specifications so it can be used as input for the mould engineers, who make the specifications for tyre specific tooling (segments, side wall set, beadring, and container).
• Take care of up-/down-scaling of the design to the requested product range. Your profile
• HBO degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial design, or similar
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with product design, preferably plastic or rubber products/components
• Eager to work with IT systems, CAD/CAM interaction
• Graphic design, using 3D rendering tools, Blender, 3D Max, Adobe, CorelDraw
• Computer skills: Excel and Visual basic, AutoCAD, Ltire, 3D CAD (preference Catia, Creo)
• Good communication skills for cooperation with colleagues, cross-functional project teams, customers (Marketing) and external design agencies
• Contact with external suppliers and Manufacturing Competencies
• Critical thinking
• Hands-on mentality
• Team player