CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
More information about this job >
Respond to this job by email >
Dow Benelux B.V. is a subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company. We work on innovations every day. We do this through a smart combination of scientific knowledge and our technologies. In this way we contribute to finding sustainable solutions for the most urgent problems in the world. We are active in the field of clean drinking water, energy saving, sustainable energy and improving agricultural productivity.
A typical day at the office
Before finishing your first cup of coffee, you already see the first emails coming in. A customer from Germany informs you that their truck is waiting to unload as they have not received the right certificates yet. You look it up in the system as quickly as possible and send it to the customer so that their truck can unload. Around 10.00 am you have a coffee break with your business group where improvement ideas and experiences are being discussed. Some customers are visiting the DOW and together with your team members you have lunch with them. In the afternoon you sit down with a new colleague who recently joined the team. You are assigned as a ‘buddy’ to answer all his questions and act as a mentor on the job. Just before you call the day to an end, you notice an email from a customer who is requesting the availability of a product. You immediately contact your colleagues from the Scheduling department to check if the product is available and inform the customer on the status. A few minutes later you see his order coming in.
As a Customer Service Representative you are the customer’s first point of contact. You support them during the whole order process, from order entry and follow up of orders until delivery of the product. With your customer-focused mindset, you help us deliver excellent service to our customers worldwide, day in and day out.
Furthermore, this is on our wish list:
• You have a least a MBO 2 degree (NLQF 2 / EQF 2) with relevant work experience, or a MBO 3 degree (NLQF 3 / EQF 3), or equivalent education
• You are fluent in English
• You are 18 years old or older and (if applicable) in possession of a valid work permit
• You’re a real multitasker and team player with strong planning and organizational skills
It would also be a big plus if you:
• Speak an additional language, such as French, Italian, German, Spanish, Turkish or Russian
• Have experience or like working with SAP and Excel
• Have Customer Service experience in a similar position