LOGISTICS SERVICE COORDINATOR
More information about this job >
Respond to this job by email >
Dow Benelux B.V. is a subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company. We work on innovations every day. We do this through a smart combination of scientific knowledge and our technologies. In this way we contribute to finding sustainable solutions for the most urgent problems in the world. We are active in the field of clean drinking water, energy saving, sustainable energy and improving agricultural productivity.
A typical day at the office
Before finishing your first cup of coffee, your phone already rings. It’s your colleague from the Customer Service department. A customer from Italy who entered his order that morning has indicated that he needs urgent delivery. You have to make sure that the product in the right quantity arrives as soon as possible. After your colleague checked with the Scheduling department if the required product is available, you arrange the transportation and make sure the terminal is informed about the road shipment. In between phone calls and emails, you pro-actively monitor shipments and ensure smooth and timely communication between the carriers and the various internal departments. In the afternoon, you receive a complaint about a carrier who is not performing up to expectations. You escalate the case to the Logistics Specialist in the business you are working for to prevent the problem from reoccurring.
As a Logistics Service Coordinator you are responsible for arranging the transportation of Dow’s products in close cooperation with carriers, the Customer Service and the Planning & Scheduling department. With your customer-focused mindset, you help us deliver excellent service to our customers worldwide, day in and day out. Furthermore, this is on our wish list:
• You have a least a MBO 2 degree (NLQF 2 / EQF 2) with relevant work experience, or a MBO 3 degree (NLQF 3 / EQF 3), or equivalent education
• You are fluent in English and one of the following languages: French, Italian, Turkish, German
• You are 18 years old or older and (if applicable) in possession of a valid work permit
• You’re a real team player who is used to working to deadlines and managing a lot of different tasks at once
It would also be a big plus if you:
• Speak an additional language
• Have experience or like working with SAP and Excel
• Have Logistics experience in a similar position